Update - bacterial contamination of water at Threpmuir reservoir. The recent sample taken Thursday is CLEAR. Swimming for triathletes is back on, so should be safe for dogs again. Better still to avoid Harlaw as blue green algae been seen.
You may have seen posts about avoiding Threpmuir reservoir. Pentland triathletes had to measure the bacteria levels in the water before the Solstice Triathalon next Wednesday and the levels are too high to swim due to bacteria usually found faeces (E.coli and coliforms which were 6x normal ). These bugs can cause tummy upsets in pets and people. It's probably due to muck spreading in the surrounding field and the exceptionally low waters levels concentrating things. The water is due to be retested on Monday and we will get you the results as soon as we hear (Donald is in pentland triathletes) Until then , better to avoid the water in both Threpmuir and Harlow reservoir.
Chloe has been training with us as a student veterinary nurse for the past three years, and we are proud to announce she passed all her exams and has qualified as a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
She has taken some well earned time out to go off to South Africa on a charity veterinary expedition to gain invaluable experience. A massive well done from us all, and enjoy your adventures!
Give your new arrival the best start in life with the Thistle Vets Puppy & Kitten Starter Package. Everything your new pet requires including:
- Vaccination course
- Kennel Cough vaccination for dogs
- One month's flea & worming treatment
- Free insurance cover for 4 weeks
- Free samples of Thistle Vet pet food
- Online shop 15% discount coupon
- Free pup and kitten health check
- Free puppy or kitten pack
VIP Health Club
Our VIP Health Club offers:
- Regular checks and maintenance of good general health
- Top quality licensed medication
- Convenient monthly payments for routine services
- Discounts on additional service
- Optional Accidental Injury Cover