Online Appointment booking has now reopened
Coronavirus Update August 2020
Thanks for all your cooperation over ‘lockdown’ and for helping keep our staff safe by waiting outside whilst we cared for your pets, however we are very pleased to announce that owners are once again permitted to accompany their pets inside our clinics for appointments!
Despite our clinics resuming face to face in-clinic appointments, we are still able to offer tele-consultation via Skype or Zoom as an alternative way to assess your pet and decide if an examination is required. If appropriate, we are able to dispense treatment for them without having to attend the clinic in person. The cost is the same as a standard consultation and if your pet does require to come in to the surgery, there will be no additional consultation charge.
Please call the clinic if you are interested and we can guide you through the process.
Thistle vets have been keeping pets happy and healthy since 1982.
We are a caring, friendly, Independent practice and treat your pet like one of the family. With our modern facilities and team of compassionate staff, we can offer your pet the best possible care.
Why choose Thistle Vets?
- We are the only family run, Edinburgh based, independent vet in the West of Edinburgh
- Two modern centres with excellent parking
- 7 days a week appointment times (Sunday Chesser 10am-1pm)
- Longer consultation times to give us more time to get to know you and your pet
- Multi-vet team who care for your pet like we would our own
- VIP health club to allow easy monthly payment of routine treatments such as vaccination, worming and tick/flea control
- Free puppy and kitten checks
- Four weeks free insurance
- Online shop with large savings
- Online registration and appointment booking
- Text or email appointment reminders
- 24 hour emergency service provided
Donald offers a dermatology referral service to veterinary colleagues in Scotland and Northern England. This service runs from our Clovenstone surgery.