Online booking Suspended from 24th March
Coronavirus update 18th May 2020
We would like to reassure you that we remain open to treat your pets needing urgent treatment. Being a vet surgery, we have robust hygiene protocols in place every day but we are bringing in some extra measures and are asking for your help;
- If you are feeling ill or off work self-isolating, please do not come to the surgery and let us know when you phone
- **From 19th March, we cannot see non urgent cases such as nail clips and VIP health plan checks (we can dispense the flea/worm control for collection or post) and cannot book operations for minor tooth cleanings. **.
- From 18th May we will be in contact with you to arrange booster vaccinations on a case by case basis.
- From 18th May we will be able to carry out some neuterings (castrate males and spay females) on a case by case basis.
- We are able to vaccinate pups, kittens and young rabbits if indicated from 14th April
- Our hours are reduced to: 8.30 – 6pm Mon-Fri Saturdays 9-12.30 Sundays 10-1pm (normal)
- Sundays will alternate between Chesser and Clovenstone
17th May Clovenstone, 23rd May Chesser, 7th June Clovenstone, 14th June Clovenstone, 21st June Chesser, 28th June Chesser
- Please allow 24 hours before collection of repeat medication.
- Our phone lines are exceptionally busy, and our staffing is reduced so please be patient.
- Changes to the way we examine your pets:
-We would advise a tele-consultation first to decide if you need to visit in person
-Entrances to our practices will be closed
-When you arrive, please call our reception from your car to let us know you have arrived
– Our team will come out to the car park to speak with you at safe distance before bringing your pet into the practice for the Vet to examine them
– We will not be allowing clients into the practices
- Card payments only – sorry no cash
- Order medicines sooner rather than later, we will bring these out to you
Don’t worry and if you have any questions, give us a call.
Telemedicine/remote consultations from 23rd March.
Given the ‘lockdown’ situation, we would strongly encourage a tele-consultation via Skype or Facetime as the ideal way to assess your pet and decide if an examination is required. If appropriate, we are able to dispense treatment for them without having to attend the clinic in person. The cost is the same as a standard consultation and if your pet does require to come in to the surgery, there will be no additional consultation charge.
Please call the clinic if you are interested and we can guide you through the process.
For those that are self isolating we have also introduced a delivery service, whereby any medication/pet food/accessories that you need can be delivered within 48hours for a small charge within the red area on the map. Clients outside this area that are self isolating can call the clinic and we can arrange alternative measures.
Thistle vets have been keeping pets happy and healthy since 1982.
We are a caring, friendly, Independent practice and treat your pet like one of the family. With our modern facilities and team of compassionate staff, we can offer your pet the best possible care.
Why choose Thistle Vets?
- We are the only family run, Edinburgh based, independent vet in the West of Edinburgh
- Two modern centres with excellent parking
- 7 days a week appointment times (Sunday Chesser 10am-1pm)
- Longer consultation times to give us more time to get to know you and your pet
- Multi-vet team who care for your pet like we would our own
- VIP health club to allow easy monthly payment of routine treatments such as vaccination, worming and tick/flea control
- Free puppy and kitten checks
- Four weeks free insurance
- Online shop with large savings
- Online registration and appointment booking
- Text or email appointment reminders
- 24 hour emergency service provided
Donald offers a dermatology referral service to veterinary colleagues in Scotland and Northern England. This service runs from our Clovenstone surgery.