Christmas and New Year Opening Hours 2020
Thursday 24th December – 8:30am to 1pm
Friday 25th December – CLOSED
Saturday 26th December – CLOSED
Sunday 27th December – 9am to 1pm at both Clovenstone & Chesser
Monday 28th December – CLOSED
Tuesday 29th December – 8:30am to 6:45pm
Wednesday 30th December – 8:30am to 6:45pm
Thursday 31st December – 8:30am to 6pm
Friday 1st January – CLOSED
Saturday 2nd January – CLOSED
Sunday 3rd January – 9am to 1pm at both Clovenstone & Chesser
Coronavirus Update November 2020
Due to the recent increase in Coronavirus cases nationally, we have taken the decision to slit our staff in to 2 ‘bubbles’ in order to protect our staff, and our ability to continue to provide veterinary care should one of our teams need to isolate.
Both clinics will remain open as normal, however our Sunday clinic will be divided between our Chesser and Clovenstone branches as follows:
Sunday 15th November – Chesser – 10am to 1pm
Sunday 22nd November – Clovenstone – 10am to 1pm
Sunday 29th November – Chesser – 10am to 1pm
Sunday 6th December – Chesser – 10am to 1pm
Sunday 13th December – Clovenstone – 10am to 1pm
Sunday 20th December – Clovenstone – 10am to 1pm
Online Appointment booking has now reopened
Coronavirus Update August 2020
Thanks for all your cooperation over ‘lockdown’ and for helping keep our staff safe by waiting outside whilst we cared for your pets, however we are very pleased to announce that owners are once again permitted to accompany their pets inside our clinics for appointments!
Despite our clinics resuming face to face in-clinic appointments, we are still able to offer tele-consultation via Skype or Zoom as an alternative way to assess your pet and decide if an examination is required. If appropriate, we are able to dispense treatment for them without having to attend the clinic in person. The cost is the same as a standard consultation and if your pet does require to come in to the surgery, there will be no additional consultation charge.
Please call the clinic if you are interested and we can guide you through the process.
Thistle vets have been keeping pets happy and healthy since 1982.
We are a caring, friendly, Independent practice and treat your pet like one of the family. With our modern facilities and team of compassionate staff, we can offer your pet the best possible care.
Why choose Thistle Vets?
- We are the only family run, Edinburgh based, independent vet in the West of Edinburgh
- Two modern centres with excellent parking
- 7 days a week appointment times (Sunday Chesser 10am-1pm)
- Longer consultation times to give us more time to get to know you and your pet
- Multi-vet team who care for your pet like we would our own
- VIP health club to allow easy monthly payment of routine treatments such as vaccination, worming and tick/flea control
- Free puppy and kitten checks
- Four weeks free insurance
- Online shop with large savings
- Online registration and appointment booking
- Text or email appointment reminders
- 24 hour emergency service provided
Donald offers a dermatology referral service to veterinary colleagues in Scotland and Northern England. This service runs from our Clovenstone surgery.